Sunday, July 29, 2012

God visits India

Sham S. Misri

During the recent past, in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for some days. Eventually, Narad Ji found him, feeling tired and taking rest in a garden of flowers. He inquired of God, Where have you been?”
God heaved a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, “Look, Narad, look what I have made.”
Narad looked puzzled and said, “What is it?”
“It is a planet” replied God, and I have put life on it. I am going to call it Earth,” and it is going to be a great place to live with satisfaction.”
“Place to live” said Narad, still confused.
God explained pointing to different parts of Earth.
“Look, America- it will be a place of great opportunity and wealth. Northern Europe will be rich the Middle East, over there, will be a hot spot. The Antarctic, down there, will be a cold spot. Over there I’ve placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people.”God continued, pointing to different countries.
Narad was impressed by God’s work, and then he pointed to a land mass and said, “What is that one?”
“Ah! “Said God “That is India”, the most glorious place on Earth to live, a place for saints and sages.
Narad Ji gasped in wonder and admiration but then exclaimed,
“What about corruption?” You have given them everything, a perfect land, God. You said it would be a great place to live with satisfaction.
God replied wisely, I apprehend the leaders there are trying to corrupt me, that is why they had called me and I had gone there to see things for myself. Having seen the conditions there I thought I am better here in my kingdom of Heaven.

No comments: