Saturday, October 19, 2013

Jokes




Sham S. Misri
A deeply religious man lived in a house beside a river, but one day the banks burst and the house was flooded. As the water level rose alarmingly, the man climbed onto the roof of the house. A boat came by. “Climb aboard,” called the captain. 
“No I shall stay here, “said the man. “God will take care of me.”
Twenty minutes later, with the waters still rising, the man climbed onto the chimney. Another boat came past. “Jump aboard,” said the captain.
“No I shall stay here; god will take care of me.”
Twenty minutes later, with the water still rising, the man climbed upon the chimney.
Another boat came past. “Jump aboard” said the captain. No I shall stay here God shall take care of me.
With the water now up to the man’s waist a helicopter suddenly swooped around. “Quick!” shouted the pilot. “Climb aboard!”
“No, I shall stay here,” insisted the man. “God will take of me.”
The water level continued to rise and soon the man was swept from the chimney and drowned. Up in heaven, he sought out God. “I thought you said you would take care of me,” he complained.
God said: “I sent you two boats and helicopter. What more do you want?” 

No comments: