Saturday, March 31, 2012

Wouder Gaaud (Kareva Fish)


Sham S. Misri
There was a couple.  The husband told his wife, “You never showed me feminine rudeness, brutality, or cunningness.”  The wife replied,” Alright wait, I will show you myself.”
                It was evening now and time to go to bed. The husband went to sleep. His wife purchased some five fish from a fisherman. Then she deposited them in a pit on the hillock. The pit had some rain water in it. After this, she went to her husband and said, “The people of the entire village have purchased the fish from the hillock and you remained sleeping.
The husband said,” There is no water on the hillock, how can the fish be there.”
The wife caught her husband’s hand and took him to the spot on the Kareva ( hillock) near the pit where she had deposited the fish. Seeing the fish the husband was puzzled. He collected all the fish that were in the pit.
He told his wife,” Now you should cook all these fish well with all the spices, in the evening I will get my friend for dinner and he will have fish to eat.” 
In the evening the husband got his friend with him for dinner. The wife now brought the dinner served in plates and kept it before her husband and his guest friend. He was shocked to see that the dinner plates that his wife had served had turnip on it instead of the fish. The husband got perturbed, agitated and nervous. In a fit of anger, he told his wife, “Where are the fish.”
The wife said, ” which fish.”
The husband said, “The same fish that I got from the pit on the hillock.”
The wife began to cry and weep. ‘O’ God, What a misery? What a disaster? What an injustice.
“How can fish be found on a hillock?
There was lot of noise in the house.
The neighbors and close friends assembled. They enquired about what had happened. The wife told them do you find the fish on a hill. Everybody was alarmed.
The wife blamed her husband for all the noise and mess. The neighbors told her husband are you a fool to say that the fish can be found on the hill.
The husband kept quite. He said,” they are throwing dust in my eyes. I saw the fish with my own eyes in a pit on the hillock.
Damn it, Let me not talk about it.” 
Next day evening when he was served the dinner, his dinner plate had five big pieces of fish served on it. He was enraged. He told his wife, “This is great insult to me, and yesterday you gave
 me a rebuff, and refused  and showed lot of rudeness to me. Where from have these fish come?”
The wife laughed and said,” You were saying to show rudeness. Today I have showed you. The husband felt ashamed.
When a man has a wife who is like a shrew, we say,”Amis Kar Zananie Wuder Guaid.”
Which translates-? His wife has shown him fish on the hill.Wouder Gaaud (Kareva Fish


No comments: