Monday, December 26, 2011

The Blind Man and the Cow

Sham S. Misri

A blind man was trying to find his way to his father in law’s house. Being blind, he got lost.  While walking here and there he heard some flute being played. There was a cowherd boy there. So he called out, “Cowherd boy, I am trying to find the house of such and such man. Can you give me direction? Maybe you can lead me.” The cowherd boy said, “I’m sorry, I’m herding these cows. But I tell you that one of these cows is of the same address where you want to go. So this cow will go there automatically if I let her go from the herd. You just have to hold her tail.  Saying this cowherd put the tail in the man’s hand. Immediately the cow began to run. The cow dragged the poor blind over the rough ground she could find; She even gave the man a good kick in the head. The blind man still didn’t let the cow go. By the time he reached the father in law’s house his clothes were torn. He was seen with blood stains on his head. It so happened that the policeman was standing there. When the policeman saw a cow running madly, and, one naked man being dragged behind the tail, he took his stick, and shouted at the blind man, “A cow thief, and a cow thief!” The blind man got a sound beating.

No comments: